Are you thinking of selling your home in Ocala Are you unsure of the costs involved in Selling Wonder how much you will be left with when it is all said and done
These questions are asked by many people who are thinking of selling their home. Often these unanswered questions keep many seller from even putting their home on the market.
Here is a brief breakdown in some of the costs associated with selling a home. When your home sale occurs, a breakdown off all the costs will be provided to you prior to closing on your HUD-1 Settlement Form.
Many of the costs associated with the transaction are based on the final sale price of your home. You can expect to see the following costs.
1. Commission to your Realtor – Should you choose to use a Realtor, he/she may charge a commission usually based on a percentage of the final sale price of your home. This is not a set fee charged by all Realtors. This fee is paid only by the seller and not the buyer. Like many things in real estate – everything is negotiable, including this.
2. Loan Payoff- Should you have an existing loan(s) on your home, these will need to be paid off at the time of closing.
3. Title and Closing Charges – In Florida many transactions are handled by a title company. Title companies will require a fee for handling the paperwork as well as researching and recording information regarding the sale.
4. Documentary Stamp and Recording Fees – This is a fee charged by the government and is based on the sale price of the home.
5. Other Fees – There are many other fees which could be involved in the sale of your home.
Not every transaction is the same and therefore no exact amount can ever be quoted before the sale of a home. Your title company will provide you with the exact information prior to closing. Your Realtor can only estimate the cost involved.
If you are considering selling your home and want to know more information, please contact me and I will be happy to discuss in greater detail the process involved in selling your home.